Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

What is the Meaning of Cachet?



Cachet

My door bell rang one day and I
Opened my door to see outside
A post person who was in fact a mouse
Standing there looking at me
Holding what was plain to see
An envelope addressed to my own house.

He handed the strange mail to me
Upon which I could clearly see
It had on it a rather flash cachet,
By that I mean it had a stamp
An emblem that portrayed an ant
Standing on a fish doing ballet!

The cachet did commemorate
That today was the very date
That I would meet the king of tiny things,
For in the envelope I read
The letter there that simply said
"Your presence is requested by the King"

I asked the post mouse, "Do you know
Why on earth I have to go?"
He said it was because of my cachet,
I could not quite believe this
He meant I was prestigious
The other meaning of the word cachet!

"But this is some kind of mistake!"
I said, "I'm not really that great!"
To which the mouse just sighed and said to me,
"If you were just two inches tall
And met a human in the hall
You'd think him great as great as great could be!"

And then I found a capsule
Inside the envelope so small
Medicine encased in a cachet,
The kind of cachet that contains
Powder that tastes grossly strange
To help one take it easily they say...

So I swallowed it quickly
And shrunk as small as small could be
And went to see the king of tiny things,
I knelt before his tiny throne
Inside his tiny kingly home
Hoping this was how to greet a king!

Although I really have to say
This tiny king lacked the cachet
That I would expect from royalty,
For looking closely all I saw
Upon the throne was nothing more
Than a rather ugly looking flea!

(Click here to see a literal definition for "Cachet")


Copyright 2014




P.S. Don't Forget to Share! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment