Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Meaning of Scar



Scar

I had myself an accident
A most unpleasant incident
Which involved hot coffee and a car
I swerved so as to miss the kiss
Of a most reckless ibis
Resulting in a crash and now a scar!

A mark left on the once smooth skin
Of what had been my only chin
Through which I was harpooned by the bird's beak,
Along with three degrees of burns
That my face from coffee earned
Making me a site more than unique!

It left me so with lasting grief
From which I may not find relief
Scarred emotionally or so it's said,
When the paramedics came
One of them loudly exclaimed,
"This guy has a bird stuck through his head!"

I fear that now when in my car
I have in mind that I might scar
The next fowl thing that may try to kiss me,
Not because my lovely face
Met with such dire disgrace
But because it cost me my coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment