Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Meaning of Feline



Feline


There is a certain creature that
Has destroyed many a mat
Inside my house and likes to play with twine
Or anything that's made of string
She will claim it as her thing,
Most of what she "owns" is in fact mine!

She wonders why I get annoyed
When the mouse she has enjoyed
Is left a mess upon my kitchen floor,
Or when she will incessantly
Meow and scratch unpleasantly
Outside for me to come open the door...

But when from my repose I rise
To ope the door she wins the prize
For being a pain by changing then her mind
And coming back when I sit down
For another jarring round
Of "Let me in!" and will not be declined!

She will nag me earnestly
For food until I finally
Give in to her demands but when I do
She sniffs at it and walks away
To save it for another day
And has a look that says, "I so own you!"

And when I seek affection she
Will not have a bar of me
I pick her up only to get denied,
But when she wants a cuddle she
Expects to get one from me free
Despite the fact my hands are occupied!

She starts the evening on my bed
Only to end up on my head
Or greet me with her tail-end sometimes,
She treats me like I am her slave
I should have bought a dog to save
Me from belonging to a feline!


No comments:

Post a Comment