Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Meaning of Ha



Ha


I found a box outside my door,
A box that was not there before,
And opened it to see what was therein.
"Ha!" I said loud to express
Surprise and pleasure too I guess
For in the box were socks I had forgotten!

You know the socks that often go
To who knows where and no one knows
Exactly where but here is where they're not?
However in this special case
Someone from that other place
Had given back the socks I had forgot!

And so surprised and filled with glee
To have my lost socks back with me
I cried "Ha!" And also "Haha!" too.
Because I had to laugh at the
Fact the socks sent back to me
We're the partners of more than a few

Socks I had just thrown away
Thinking I'd not see the day
Their missing partners would ever return,
So I laughed "Haha!" And wrote
On the box a little note
That said these socks were destined to be burned.

But you know a mystery
Occurred when that box sent to me
Suddenly just faded in thin air,
"Ha!" I cried in stark surprise
When right before my face's eyes
The box that once was there was now no where!

The thing that I had failed to see
Was that the box was actually
A craft in which the socks were flying about,
Traveling to distant lands
And distant shores with distant sands
And planetary bodies I've no doubt.

But there is a place where they
Fly the size of H and A
That is a whole hectare in metric terms,
A whole hectare of land where a
Sock can rest the day away
And never mind the thought of footy germs!

So should you ever find a box
Full of all your missing socks
Be sure to give them a reason to stay,
For should they find when they touch down
That their partners can't be found
They might go back to their hectare to play....


By Kerin Gedge

No comments:

Post a Comment