Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

U Words

U

Übermensch

A super duper human being
formidable and staggering
superior is what I'm trying to say

Impervious to bumps and dents
is the splendid übermensch
a superman in every kind of way

The concept is a feature
in the thought of Frederick Nietzsche
in the latter nineteenth century

Suggesting through philosophy
that the übermensch should be
a goal to set for all humanity.


Ubiety

When I'm here I'm over here
And when I'm there I'm over there
And either way I have the quality

Of being in a specific place
Filling that specific space
The state of which is called ubiety.



Ubiquitous

I think you’ll find ubiquitous
Is a word synonymous
With any word that means being “everywhere”

Omnipresent comes to mind
Being all places at one time
Like God who’s here, somewhere and over there!



Ubuntu

To have in you the quality
Of caring for humanity
Is what it means to issue ubuntu,
You make it then your passion
To offer up compassion
To those who maybe need it more than you.

The word is not an English noun
But is a word that can be found
On the tongues of those who speak Zulu,
But though it is South African
It is a concept that we can
Say is an essential human virtue!



Ursine

I'll never get over the time
A friend of mine cried out, "Ursine!"
I wish that he had rather said instead,

"Don't look now but over there,
There is a most ferocious bear!"
For if he did I would not now be dead!



All definitions on this site are the intellectual property of Kerin Gedge and is not to be used or reproduced without the Author's express permission.




Words that begin with...
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

No comments:

Post a Comment